Best vegetarian casserole
The first question that people probably want to know is what exactly do vegetarians eat? It’s not possible to survive on just salad. The truth is vegetarians can be foodies too. It’s just that no meat or animal protein is involved in any of the meals.
A casserole is certainly not one of those dishes where you just mix a few veggies together and voilá! No. Casseroles require a little more technique. A casserole is an oven-baked meal and so the whole dish relies on the oven to bring all the flavors of the individual ingredients together.
Casseroles are a one-meal dish, but you have the choice of making side-dish casseroles and even dessert casseroles.
The thing about casseroles is that you can keep it as simple as pasta sheets with tomato sauce and cheese in between layers to make a tasty lasagna or you could indulge with nuts, lemons, and herbs to get something that is totally delightful.
One of the best casseroles involves Mediterranean veggies like courgette, peppers, herbs, and lentils. You need just 10 minutes to prepare and about 40 min to cook - you don’t even need the oven.
- Cook finely chopped onion in oil, until soft.
- Add some sliced garlic, dried herbs, such as thyme, and/or other spices and chopped carrots, celery and peppers. Sauté all together for at least 5 minutes. Other ingredients can also be added, such as zucchini, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms – the choice is yours and unlimited.
- Add tomato paste and cook on medium heat for 20-25min.
- Remove the sprigs of thyme and stir in the lentils. Simmer.
- These ingredients can be cooked in a slow cooker.
Please check out this link for a detailed list of ingredients - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1993645/vegetarian-casserole